Browse through the following storage tips to get the most out of our storage solutions.
- Use climate-controlled units for sensitive items.
- Bring a lock, or buy one from our office.
- Label your boxes. Rubbermaid® bins are a good alternative to standard boxes.
- Keep frequently needed items at an easily accessible spot in the unit.
- Make sure the stored items are not in contact with the floor.
- Place heavy boxes at the bottom and the lighter ones on top.
- Don't store upholstered goods in sealed boxes.
- Disassemble large items of furniture before storing them.
- Store your important documents and papers in file boxes.
- Don't overfill cartons with books. Ensure that the books are packed flat and any empty spaces are filled.
- While packing breakables like china, make sure each item is wrapped separately before being placed in a china carton and all the vacant spaces are filled with paper.
- Defrost all the appliances being placed in the storage unit and make sure they're free from moisture.
- Leave the doors of refrigerators and freezers open just a little so that odour doesn't build up inside.
- You can also store small belongings in large appliances.
- If you have forgotten something, some common items are available for purchase from our office.
- Most importantly, do not place the following items in a storage unit: explosive and flammable products; food products; beverages or drinks; or plants and animals.